Planning your wedding – especially – from far away can be stressful. Something Blue offers practical tips, expert guidance and our subscription service provides you with a list of proven vendors to help you plan the perfect day. Avoid making costly mistakes and spending $$ where you don’t have to (and not spending where you should). Let me guide you through the nuances of planning a destination wedding from far away.
You’ll save yourself valuable time AND money.
(bet your fiancee thanks you for that one!)
And let’s not forget that when planning a Destination Wedding you’re not just a party planner, but a travel agent too! But don’t fret, we’ve got you covered there too!!
I’ve planned hundreds of fabulous weddings – let me guide you through the process!
I started out planning parties many moons ago for my boss and his company (he LOVED to throw parties). My boss called me “Martha Stewart”.
He expected over-the-top themes and flawlessly executed parties that wowed – on a budget. I became an expert at adding little touches that created celebrity flare. After moving to the islands with a failed start-up travel company, I worked at one of the largest resorts on the island as the Events Coordinator and discovered my love of weddings. I used my knack for creating successful corporate events to help couples achieve their wedding dreams. Eventually, I went out on my own and have planned hundreds of destination weddings from just the wedding couple to 250 guests. Now i’ve compiled all of that expertise into an online Wedding consulting service to help you too!
Get My Customized Planning Forms & Checklists!
After years of planning weddings, I’ve created the perfect templates for your wedding day timeline, planning checklists, budgets and much more!
Budgets, Checklists, Planning Forms & More
Find downloadable templates with details and instructions for planning out your big day.
- How much does a destination wedding cost? I’ve got sample budgets with real wedding prices to help you figure it out!
- When do we cut the cake? You’ll find sample timelines and be guided through creating a complete logistical timeline to ensure your vendors are booked for just the right amount of time and everything is in place.
- Make your list and check it twice! Planning lists, Packing Lists, Guest Lists, Gift Lists and more!
Get the detailed scoop on the best locations to hold your wedding, including the pros and cons. Learn how to make the best decision for your vision and your budget. Find out what you need to bring with you and what you don’t in order to maximize your decorating dollars.
- Ceremony Locations (Churches and Beaches)
- Reception Locations
- Accommodations – Resorts, hotels and exclusive (yet affordable) Private Villas that allow weddings onsite
- Local vendors, resources and shopping tips
- … and much more!
Twice Monthly Live Calls & Webinars
Join Cindy twice a month for exclusive calls and webinars that include in-depth interviews with local vendors, in-depth planning advice and live Q&A sessions
- Get expert tips from local vendors
- Learn about free tools you can use to help you with your planning
- DIY projects
- Weekly Emails with deals, tips and more!
If you’re a DIY Bride on a budget or just trying to decide if a Destination Wedding in the Virgin Islands is for you – here’s your chance to test the crystal blue waters for a fraction of the cost of hiring a Wedding Consultant.
Something Blue is constantly growing – so each week you’ll find something new within our pages to help you plan your perfect Dream Destination Wedding!